The Network values feedback, and uses compliments, complaints and suggestions to evaluate, improve and develop health services.

Anyone who has positive comments or concerns about the healthcare being provided to a person in our care is encouraged to share their feedback.

How to provide feedback or lodge a complaint

Acting on behalf of a patient

You can provide feedback or raise a concern on behalf of a patient directly by:

  1. Completing the online contact form
  2. Sending an email to
  3. Calling a Client Liaison Officer on (+61) 2 9700 3000 (Mon-Fri, business hours).

Please note, to protect confidentiality the Client Liaison Officer must obtain the patients’ consent before disclosing any health related information.

Feedback from patients

Our patients are encouraged to share positive feedback about their healthcare experience with the Nurse Unit Manager at their local health centre, or in writing to the Chief Executive of the Network.

Patients who have any concerns related to their health care are encouraged to take the following steps;

Step 1. To facilitate prompt resolution, raise your concerns in person with the Nurse Unit Manager in the first instance. If not resolved,

Step 2. Call the Justice Health Patient Health Inquiry line (option 5) using the internal CADL phone system.  If you are not satisfied with the outcome, other avenues for raising your concerns include;

Step 3. Writing to the Client Liaison Officer. If you are not satisfied with the outcome,

Step 5.  Contacting the Inquiry Service of the Health Care Complaints Commission on 1800 043 159 or (+61) 2 9219 7444. You can also call or write to the NSW Ombudsman. Phone (+61) 2 9286 1000.

Please note that we cannot give medical advice or answer medical questions over email. 

Access to patient Health Records or health related information can be facilitated through the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (or the HRIP Act).

If you are not the patient, you will need to include written consent from the patient clearly indicating that Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network may disclose the records to you.